Thread: IMSA Race 2016 12 Hours of Sebring
View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2016, 03:21 (Ref:3627937)   #883
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
But ... PC didn't cause half a dozen or more yellow flags all by itself (only three by my count,) so all that spinning and sliding didn't bother me.

It is still a Pro/Very Am class. What I mostly ask of it, is that it not interfere with the rest of the race, and in this case, PC did okay compared to many other races.
True, for all their shenanigans not a lot of them ended in a FCY. I'm not too concerned with a car having a little off and rejoining, but when they spun on track or came to a gentle rest against the tires it was sort of a FCY-scare. As I said though I was pretty ragged, so I probably wasn't being too generous.

You are right though, they didn't actually affect things much on track and very rarely were involved with other cars which is a positive. I think the only incident I remember was some very very light contact at turn 10 between one of the dark PCs and a GT car, and GT car wasn't even affected as the PC mainly spun in avoidance.

It does make me wonder though, how many times did other cars pit anticipating a FCY when the camera showed a PC off and backwards in the grass somewhere? Not implying that it was a lot or something, just would be an interesting statistic.