Thread: Driver 2018 F1 silly season.
View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3791707)   #1028
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
LOL, you do realise the bank was the family business??
Not strictly true. My understanding is Niki did borrow money from an Austrian bank of which his Grandfather was I believe a shareholder, using his life insurance as collateral. That got him through the March years, but a family argument over his motor racing ended any family involvement and his Grandfather had the loan withdrawn. Niki broke all contact with his Grandfather, and then took a separate loan (I believe from another bank) to cover his payments at BRM. He covered payments initially from start monies from Touring Cars and Sports cars, but owed money to BRM when Ferrari took Lauda on. With money from Ferrari Niki was able to clear the second loan.