View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4107964)   #2211
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I recall reading that it will mean teams have to adjust their approach to upgrades - as opposed to pushing for an increase in the budget cap.

The usual approach from teams has been to develop upgrades right up to the last point possible, and then move these parts using a rapid freight to the track, arriving just before FP1 (a true example of just-in-time distribution). With the current uncertainty of freight options, teams may have to balance the risk of more development time against a potential delay in delivery - and cut the development earlier than they normally would have to ensure the upgrades reach the circuit in time.