Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3780779)   #3
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Just shows a lot of current fans don't really study the history of the sport. And probably look at statistics too much. I mean Kimi second

To me Schumi may have been the most successful, but compared with some of those list, he didn't quite have the passionate prancing horse image, unlike say Villeneuve, Alesi, Alonso and even Kimi and Seb
And don't forget that the tifosi absolutely adored Mansell, il Leone, and, or so I seem to recall, they believe that he was one of the best drivers ever to grace the Prancing Horse.

I would assume that the poll was conducted via the internet, an I would humbly submit that it unlikely that many of the supporters of F1 who can remember the greats of yesteryear would have participated in the poll, so it is unlikely to have produced a true representation of facts. And we also come back to the old cherry that it is almost impossible to compare drivers from different eras because they required different skill sets to perform at the highest levels of their times.

Last edited by Mike Harte; 16 Nov 2017 at 16:51.