Thread: LE MANS CLASSIC
View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3836337)   #198
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrognome View Post
As a photographer I love the Le Mans Classic atmosphere, but what with the heat and timetable, its a tough event for everyone, drivers, teams, marshals, photographers and spectators alike. Personally I treat it like any endurance event, forward plan, stay in a budget, but air conditioned hotel away from the track, eat proper meals also away from the circuit and get a decent sleep. I would never camp, I tried it once. Witnessing historic racing twenty-four hours is a rare experience as is watching so many unusual rare cars in action, it doesn't matter that some are slow. Also, the familiar track layout and its immediate memorable surroundings are fast changing,let's enjoy it while we can. Images copyright www.retro-speed.co.uk
Well put, Peter! As for camping (in Houx), this year it included such delights as a lake under my small awning after Wednesday night rain, then two selfish individuals parking the vehicles on our power cables, so when the particular distribution box failed we couldn’t move to another until we found one owner and dug the cable out from under the tyre of another vehicle (Porsche Cayenne....). Then on Sunday another participant drove his converted coach so close to the new distribution box he crushed the adapator on my cable! So a hasty repair to get cool box working again. Oh, and best experience of all- at 0245 Monday morning, being wakened by the noise of someone attempting to climb into the front of my van. Turned out to be so drunk that when I hurled abuse at him, he couldn’t even reply. And as for the entrance end loos- don’t even go there.... Literally.

Am sure if I return in 2020 it will be to Houx, and nothing will have changed.