View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2004, 21:51 (Ref:938832)   #13
tangoed sparky
Racer

England
DERBY
tangoed sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was the first time that my missis had given me a pass out to go marshaling this year and I really enjoyed it. I was on the post before Gary and we spoke about the fact that cars never seem to pull off the track when they have oil leaks. I would have thought that most of the cars must have a oil pressure gauge or light and coolant temp gauge. So there is no excuse for dropping oil unless it transmission or drive axle related and no its not because I am a marshal and want more cars to pull off but it really does ruin it for other drivers. What made it worse was the fact that Donington has been resurfaced over the winter and the track is very black and shinny. This made it very hard to see where to dress oil as it could not be seeen very well. I know that a few drivers must have had a fright when coming into the esses after other cars had expired but it made it entertaining to watch. Thanks to HSCC for a very well run meeting and whats more we got a fiver and a lunch break to boot. The racing was very good and some real cars were racing too. It is always nice to see a ford Angler beating V8 mustangs and E type jags.