View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3193204)   #29
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Ayes, what did I tell you ages ago

It is not anything but a beta, its a lot better than it was when it came out believe me.

Its a BETA! You can run any car on any track, just select all cars all tracks in the selector

Graphics are not great, but the physics are way ahead of stuff like Pcars, Raceroom simraceway.

And it will get better
The problem is that it was supposed to be 'finished' in Summer 2012. Its now six months on and there is no sign of significantly more content coming out. They have a small development team and I suspect they have bitten off more they can chew. By the time its finished and there is more content we will all be running Assetto Corsa.

If Rfactor 2 had concentrated on one type of racing - such as historics - they could have propduced some properly licensed 60s cars and enough relevant tracks - but they tried to hit too many targets. The 60s stuff that exists is very, very good indeed - but there is just not enough content for me.

And I say this as a big fan of rfactor 1. I'm still loving the classic hot rods round Wimbo and F1 stock cars round Belle Vue...