View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2015, 12:34 (Ref:3567474)   #81
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
I'm fairly certain the penalties roll over. If they get a 10 place grid penalty and can't serve all of the penalty, they must continue serving the penalty until it is all paid up. If this is not the case I'll not only stand corrected, I'll also be happy.
Autosport states:
'Following a rule change last month, the most a driver can be penalised is to be demoted to the back of the grid,'

And on the official website:
'The ensuing penalties - to be confirmed by stewards later - will likely drop both McLarens to the back end of the grid.

With untaken grid drops no longer converted into in-race penalties following the recent rule change, it raises the likelihood of McLaren taking the opportunity to use a further, eighth engine on both cars on Saturday. Such a change would incur further penalties, but these would have little or no impact on the team's starting positions for Sunday's race.'