View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3567750)   #91
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Win together, lose together.
I won't dispute that.

Quote:
There has to be a limitation on engine changes, otherwise someone would be using one qually engine and one race engine per GP and the costs would be just ridiculous. So having set a limit of x engines per year, how do you enforce it? Telling teams they can't race for the rest of the season is a no-goer. Applying a grid penalty ensures that there is plenty of disincentive to swap engines willy-nilly, yet keeps the show on the road.
I won't dispute that either, costs are an issue.

Quote:
I really don't get this idea that only the team should receive certain penalties because the failure was outside the driver's control. What about when a mechanic fails to tighten a wheel properly? Are you going to give the driver points even when his wheel fell off? What about when the driver bins it? Are you going to give the team constructor points for where they were when the crash happened.
I get it. Why should the driver incur a penalty for something outside their control? I think there should be some greater penalty differentiation between team and driver They do this in IndyCar; even the engine manufacturer can be penalised. If an engine fails to reach its 2,500-mile life cycle and has to be changed, the engine manufacturer has points deducted, the driver is unaffected.

Anway both McLarens are at the back row of the grid. If they can salvage anything tomorrow that would be an achievement.