View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2020, 13:25 (Ref:3963840)   #64
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
It was clear to almost everyone else few days ago that the event couldn’t happen. It was absolutely obvious once McLaren pulled out following a positive that there was no way the race could run. The decision-making in the last 48-72 hours was shambolic and indicative of buck-passing, vested-interest protecting, politics prioritised over fan and team safety, not to mention the appalling image it sent out.

I agree that it’s harsh to say F1 should have known and acted months, weeks or even one week ago. But the last few days was ugly compared to the decisiveness being shown by (bigger and smaller) sports elsewhere.
I broadly agree with the above. Particularly with respect to how F1 acted vs. other sports. I think it is an ongoing hard lesson for FOM (or whoever is running the show).

There is strategy popular in politics and business today that you just bully your way forward and steam roller your opponents. That required an opponent that will bend to your will or capitulate. Something like Coronavirus doesn't care (or even know) about your business strategy, politics, wishful thinking or willful ignorance.

Richard