View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3963862)   #65
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in fairness, the NBA (the first domino) only cancelled about 36 hours prior to F1 making their decision.

the NBA and other leagues decision was made easier by virtue of their organizational structure where the teams/team owners sit on a board and the commissioner is their employee. the teams own the sport and their players and employees are unionized.

F1's decision probably would have come earlier had the time zones matched up better with the various board room across the world with which they have to coordinate with.

Claire Williams was probably the only one there capable to definitively speaking for her organization. Toto as much control as he has over the team still has a boss who currently has a lot more to worry about then an F1 race.

my guess is that the decision was made (or the path was clear) when Kimi and Seb left. good for them. in terms of news, yesterday was crazyballs and i know i could not wait to get home and hug my family.

F1 did exactly what like every other sport did give or take several hours.

F1 does not have the power of a supranational government. they can barley tell the local car club what to do...as evidenced by every race messed up by a locally appointed race steward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Wrong decisions were made, but I’m not ready to crucify people over this.
well thats your problem. you are supposed to want to crucify people!