View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3963957)   #72
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
My feeling was that the indication was clear when McLaren said they would withdraw.After all,earlier in the week Ross Brawn said that if one team couldn't race then nobody would.I suspected this was to protect Ferrari at the time and I have a feeling that the intervening period would have been used to establish who was liable for the assorted costs of cancellation.

It also looks like Liberty will have quite a number of unused hours of satellite time in the coming weeks.Given the lack of development opportunities for the teams do we think that a test or two behind locked gates-with TV coverage might be to everybody's benefit?I expect all the design teams will be able to make a head start on cars for next season anyway.
That was all about Ferrari when the possibly existed that they could not get their people out of Italy and in to Australia and actually RB should have invoked this when McLaren had to withdraw in the spirit of what he commited to pre-event.

Let's face it, they were all waiting for someone else to pull the trigger and take the fall and costs for cancelling.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk