Thread: Winter Projects
View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2018, 12:48 (Ref:3866836)   #2380
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
First lap of free practice or Q is when forgotten items tend to reveal themselves! Screwdrivers and sunglasses seem popular as well..... It’s also the time when incorrectly attached wheels become obvious.

I’m feeling a bit smug as one winter project is already ticked off the list. My 30 odd year old Karcher pressure hot / steam washer had lost its ability to produce anything but cold water. Having discovered that a new equivalent would be several thousand £s, I phoned the original suppliers (in S Norfolk) to ask about getting it repaired. No reply to the message left, so I decided to tackle the job myself. Finding the original manual and parts book that I’d filed away helped! After a few hours just getting a handle on how it actually worked, and removing covers hiding important bits, I cleaned through all the fuel (diesel) system and the ignition. Bingo! Hot water on demand again, which will be useful next time I have to clean 24 wire wheels......

Well done with the pressure washer Mike. An added bonus will be the warm feeling of smug satisfaction you'll have because you have been able to mend it, and save yourself some money into the bargain. (Pus, a 30 year old machine will be able to be worked on and mended, newer ones may not be so spanner friendly!)