View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2021, 12:41 (Ref:4032447)   #41
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Been asked by a couple of people what are the cars shown in posts 35/36 by Bob on my behalf

Here we go
Talbot GO 52 1931 Works Car at Le Mans Classic
It’s won overall three times and nine one hour heats
Won Alpine Rally and many other events including Pre War Sports at Silverstone Classic

Tony Gaze 2 litre supercharged Alta 1937 We won 28 international races and beat hill record at Prescott with a very pedestrian guest driver!

Talbot BGH 21 1934 works car. I have owned it for 23 years and most original of BGH cars Raced in period and won Alpine Trial raced at Brooklands and South African GP
It’s taken part in all the Le Mans Classics, Mille Miglia ,won Flying Scotsman,Tour Britannia and host of other events

Side view is BGH 21 on its way to winning Flying Scotsman

Alta KMP 977 2 litre 1939 unique non supercharged car Won Pre War Sports at Spa and the most surprising of all the Flying Scotsman

Singer CXY56. 1936 One and half litre six cylinder
Deciding if we should race this car. Doubtful!

Lea Francais 1928 Hyper S one and half litre supercharged it’s the original 1928 works car driven by Willy Greens dad in TT and Irish GP
We should be racing this year . It will be interesting as may be quick for a Pre 30 car

That’s the competition side of Pre War fleet

Put in a picture of me driving Michael Birch’s 1934 with him as navigator
He won first heat at Le Mans Classic and second overall
I have owned the car on six separate occasions and May be seventh as he is having GO52 from me and I am taking JJ93 unless someone else wants it!!
You only get a works Talbot if you pass the suitable owner test.