Old 9 Oct 2017, 02:09 (Ref:3773115)   #391
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I think IndyCar only moves the backmarkers with some small number of laps left .... if the leaders won't have time to get through traffic and race, the backmarkers go back.

The penalties .... so hard to call. I agree there seems to be some inconsistencies ... but ...

There is the "Maybe Montoya had a flat and couldn't control his car ..." which is slightly better than "Maybe aliens sent mind-control waves which made him twitch the wheel ..."

There is "We can't let people do dangerous things and not penalize them because they got lucky, and the #5 squeezed a car at full speed in an area where there is no margin of safety ..."

There is "Derani had no need to pass right there---he could have waited until T6--he unnecessarily endangered another driver."

And there are a dozen counter-arguments as well .... and the stewards have to make a call Now ....
If the 5 gets a stop and hold for pushing teammate off (and no contact), Montoya surely should have got at least the same. Looked as if he was trying to stay in the draft of the car he was chasing, which would explain him coming over so fast..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk