Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3755437)   #142
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Anyone stay up for the official Model 3 launch last night?

As I'm at Silverstone enjoying the performance of a 50 + year old 4.2 litre straight 6 (fuelled by 105 octane leaded ), I wasn't in a position to find a stream showing it......
I didn't stay up, but I did watch it this morning.

The entire event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a0GCIbfuKQ

Amateur video of the interior:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiv9esQ3Glw

Ignoring the whole environment stuff, and just looking at this as a car, there's a few things that are interesting. The quality of the machine looks fantastic. Very high quality interior. The amount of space is amazing. Lots of storage where the gearbox and other such things would be. Massive amount of room in the front and rear for passengers.

Not entirely sold on the touch screen still. I prefer physical buttons. Not sold on the screen position and having no instrument panel, but some short reviews from those who have driven it have said they were surprised how well it worked, because the speedo is in the top left (top right for UK) of the screen, so you see it in the corner of your eye. The interior is clearly designed with full autonomy in mind.

Stats are impressive. 300 mile range for the big one. 0-60 in 5 seconds is fast no matter what's powering you. 200 mile range for the smaller one. Access to the Supercharger network.

Now I just need to save some pennies.

Edit: people tend to really hate Musks speeches because he's quite a poor public speaker. I actually like that, rather than having Mr Corporate out where the whole thing feels cold. This feels like he's talking about a hobby he loves, which is kinda nice. Terrible public speaker, but I like it. Reminds me of E3 when Ubisoft bring out developers to talk and they're pretty bad, but it's great because it's something they love. Then EA roll out a man in a suit who talks in business terms to people who want to see the next Titanfall came, and it's awful.