View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2018, 14:13 (Ref:3852190)   #35
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm . . .not so sure . . .

Tony Dron was 1s quicker than me at Goodwood in 2007, I had only been racing 3 and a bit years.

2011, Derek Bell was 1s slower than me. I was just in the top ten, he was mid teens.

2013 he was considerably slower than me . . . . although I didn't get to race I know my times, and had been competitive for a few years with a few wins . . . . the car needed driving a certain way. pretty hard and fast, to get brakes etc working properly, it certainly never happened that weekend! No one else that's driven my car has been as quick as me in it, but that's probably just having less confidence and a little respect for a friends car!

A lot of us are very familiar with our own cars. Pro/celebrities never used to test, just arrive and drive, but its commonplace now for things like St MArys.

I have been quicker than owners in a few other cars I've driven, but not always, I about held my own against seasoned semi Pro's like Mike @ LMC