View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3856116)   #1969
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Playing Devil's advocate.....

We haven't exactly covered ourselves in glory with the current transport system have we? Whether by train or bus or car, we actually have to go to work to cover the rising cost of going to work......madness!

(And I mean that in the widest sense - your "cheap" buses are of course subsidised by everyone's taxes so I have to work to pay for a townie's cheap buses.)

Sooooo, maybe it IS time for a complete societal change. And maybe the slow down in car sales is the start.

Motorsport as we know it is doomed. Not through regulation, but through lack of interest. We've falling grids at MSA karting but the A&D series are bulging. How long before car racing goes that way? Given that our automated Uber pods won't be able to tow a trailer we'll need someone to do it for us, and a big electric roadtrain provided by a race series organiser makes sense.

Or is sim racing our future? Race at home until you're good enough then in huge stadia watched by other afficionadoes. By all accounts, that's already happening with big money being made by "gamers".

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk