View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3397425)   #11
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

I must admit that I approve of this model, and I wish that more could be done to reduce costs in the sport, and that the sport could return to just being that - a sport, not a race to spend money. Sometimes I think that those running and entering the lofty heights of Formula 1 could learn a lot from the grass-roots of motor-sport, certainly the one that I used to be involved with. We may then not have to face so many conflicts between teams - every time they put their PR hats on, they may smile when talking with/about their fellow competitors, but it's through grirtted teeth.
I can see your point Mike, but as an engineer heavily involved in R&D, freezes on development take a lot away from the sport for me. I do understand the need to keep costs from skyrocketing, but I wish a better compromise could be found. It is a shame that these rules (together with the limits on testing) make it so difficult for the other manufacturers to catch up this year.

I know this is not a popular opinion , but a part of me wishes for a formula where the big boys could just be allowed to play with their toys free of having to worry about the impact on the little guys, who in any case are often on circuit simply to be shown blue flags.