View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2015, 10:19 (Ref:3544143)   #70
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good points all nl

Sad really that ralycross has now become a victim of this world of numbers! We managed to escape for a long time thankfully!

Interesting points too about MX, I follow that closely and it is staggering the things you point out about Valkensward. The track has a great history with MX and you would think does very well. But Youthstream are just as bad as IMG when it comes to charging silly money for hosting events. Such a shame, the track is awesome and has a huge following in Holland.

The thing with MX though is that it is still vibrant at club level. I went to the British MXGP last year, was rather overpriced at 40 odd quid but not bad for a world event, then you had to pay 15 quid to go in the pits and this was seen as normal, perfectly reasonable? Never seen anyhting like it anywhere I said when I wrote to organisers, and they basically said if you don't like it don't come back, so I didn't!

So as fans we need to support club rallycross a bit more I think if we can. Something I will now try and do where possible.

I guess until we as customers say enough is enough, stop watching, stop paying to go, stop watching youtube clips (I have never and will never click on a WRX youtube clip), these companies will continue bleeding it dry. So you either hand over your hard earned and turn a blind eye in the pursuit of your own happiness!, or abstain and say enough is enough.