View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2015, 13:50 (Ref:3544197)   #71
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't say it's gone bad. I've said before, there were never more people involved in rallycross all over the world, people spectating it etc. So that's good. My former post was to comment on the dirty oily bits hidden under the green M decal-ed carbonfibre hood.

Yeah the mx track at Valkenswaard is one of the better ones. If the investor really pulls out, some other investor might step in if he thinks he can work the numbers better. But there is also the Dutch MX at the TT circuit in Assen (of MotoGP Dutch TT Assen fame) later this year. They might be left the only race in .nl in the future. Lierop track is still aiming at MX GP too afaik.
Their business model is even more aggressive. Loads and loads of drivers/hopefuls come and pay to enter the selection rounds where far to much drivers are on the overcrowded track at once. Then only a couple of handfuls are selected to do the real races.
But the number of hopefuls, even there still were 100's, were less then last year. Spectator numbers were way down, don't believe the official numbers, the parkinglot people sold less tickets, they know the real #. Might be the tail end of the crisis, might be shifting to other interesting things during the weekend.