View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1196781)   #16
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
JJ Lehto again, this time in the BMW M3 GTR at Donnington in 2001. Hanging on to the last hopes of keeping up with some lightening quick Porsches by his fingernails. It was a do or die attempt to get back on terms. Unfortuneately, the car died, but only after JJ had lapped at an astonishing rate. At every corner you could see JJ explored the very outer edges of the capabilities of the car. Under braking the car pitched and complained, the exhaust blew an even bigger sheet of flame,the disks were glowing almost white, the turn in was made perfectly even when the car seemed to be carrying too much pace. Just joyous stuff.

The closest thing I've ever seen in another sports car was Micheal Vergers at Castle Combe in the semi wet in a Radical (2002 I think). He took the GT record from Bob Light's Stealth B6. Which was very impressive because Bob knew every inch of the track from being an old veteran of the track, not to mention the old record was set in a much more powerful car in the dry.