View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3418209)   #7
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGWC View Post
As always, rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools!! Any visiting Race Director who does not work in with local Clerks and Officials would, to my mind, be classified a fool. None of the visiting Clerks/Race Directors I know would fall into this category
I couldn't agree more!!! I don't think anybody carrying out the roles of Race Director or Clerk of the Course should be in any doubt as to the 'chain of command' and, in practice, it works well without formality and with very friendly cooperation.
I remember, working with Eduado Freitus in Portugal (incidentally the very best Race Director in the world in my book, which is why he does Le Mans ) when I apologised for not speaking portugese he said "it's OK - we only speak it when we don't want you to know what's going on.
Seriously, whilst I know there was an incident, giving rise to this question, I suspect that the 'relative seniority' of those in charge was not the cause.