View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3418545)   #11
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
I couldn't agree more!!! I don't think anybody carrying out the roles of Race Director or Clerk of the Course should be in any doubt as to the 'chain of command' and, in practice, it works well without formality and with very friendly cooperation.
I remember, working with Eduado Freitus in Portugal (incidentally the very best Race Director in the world in my book, which is why he does Le Mans ) when I apologised for not speaking portugese he said "it's OK - we only speak it when we don't want you to know what's going on.
Seriously, whilst I know there was an incident, giving rise to this question, I suspect that the 'relative seniority' of those in charge was not the cause.
Eduardo speaks four languages fluently, three others less fluently and when we last met he was polishing up his Russian! As a Scot who learned English as a second language, and knows how to order beers in several languages, I am mightily impressed! He also bought a copy of "50 Years of Motorsport Marshalling"!