Thread: DTM 2021
View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2021, 13:10 (Ref:4033005)   #150
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek_aleks View Post
I'm an idiot, Audi sent Tweet today about WRT and somehow I thought it's about DTM.

Sorry.
No worries, it is like that sometimes!
But I started hoping for some miracle and now I'm disappointed

Great to see the first team fully confirmed, with drivers, sponsors, even a livery. Also good to see AF Corse is "the Red Bull team" as they're the closest to the factory as they could get.

I believe the 20+ grid is really attainable however am worried that for now there are just 10 seats confirmed.
There are a few teams we can put with a question mark though:
1. Phoenix Racing - confirmed they're trying to stay in the DTM albeit not with Audi
2. RacingOne - confirmed their interest to run Ferraris
3. Rowe Racing - the first team ever to publicly announce their ambition to join the DTM, recently have confirmed they still aim for it with either a pair of BMWs or Porsches, however, there are obvious factors that will determine whether the plans materialise or not.
4. Walkenhorst - there were rumours they're interested, however it's been silent since.

I don't know if there are any teams we can throw here. But of course, in most cases factor number one is money and this already is the reason why there won't be WRT or Grasser. Theoretically, I think RMG could join later in the season with M4, BMW has committed to the DTM but with aim of 2022 as the first full season.

Another mystery is who's going to race in DTM. I'm afraid not many current DTM drivers can be there as half the grid were BMW drivers. Müller and Rast have some chances, although it all depends on FE. I'd say Frijns most likely will be gone, the same can be said about Rockenfeller. Duval and Scherer are 100% gone. Green is a big mystery for me, the same can be said about Newey. I'd hoped for Habsburg but it seems he's rather aiming at Super GT/Super Formula programme. I'd say if some BMW drivers are to return later in the season it'll be Wittmann and S. van der Linde, however, it's just guessing.

I hope there will be some household GT names and Kelvin van der Linde is almost certain to join DTM, probably in Abt.