View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2020, 23:42 (Ref:3955754)   #4446
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I'm sorry, what? Electric cars are still a niche. Aston Martin is a niche product on its own. Selling electric cars for them is a no go. They don't have the finances to invest in that anyway. Maybe when they get their stuff together they can please the green crowd but for now they have to get their own house in order. I don't think the gte program is on the chopping block nor the hypercar either. I bet someone buys a couple and races in the new season. R-motorsport perhaps.
No, haven't you heard. Petrol cars will be banned and electric cars cost nothing to build. Oh wait, Tesla only makes money by buying credits from other companies to balance their EPA books. Otherwise a few estimates have said double the costs, if not more. But I believe for 10 years I've heard no one will build new petrol engines, no one will build new trucks, no one will build large vehicles. Oh wait, Ford will no longer make cars, multiple new petrol engines have been released in the last 2 years and cars only get bigger.

Yes, there will be electric options but to say petrol is gone? Foolhardy at best and delusional at worst.