View Single Post
Old 20 May 2015, 06:30 (Ref:3539547)   #12
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
It's the Tata Group's fault for not bringing Jaguar back to racing. But that's another story...

While I'm excited to see BMW return in LMP1, the question is how to make a competitive car? It's either going with the same (and boring) proven route or pursue a different approach like Nissan.

If BMW want to go for the latter, it'll have to make it distinctive from the rest of the pack!
All 3 current factory cars are mid engine part-time 4wd, but far from boring. If they want to be different, going fwd or front engine would be following Nissan. So if there is something they wish to pioneer, they need the blessings from the rule makers. Thats probably what he meant in this quote
Quote:
I don’t think we need to follow what everyone does. The WEC is still following and what we need to figure out is a new path that suits BMW, like with ‘i’.
Sounds like he wants rules to change so they could do something unique that would be recognizable to their 'i' brand.