Thread: WEC BR1 Dallara LMP1
View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2017, 21:18 (Ref:3781114)   #50
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Hmmmm......I think dragonspeed are being incredibly brave with the gibson LMP1 engine.....ironically they won LMP2 at lemans a few years back with a turbo V6 Honda engine,there is no logical reasoning to link high revving NA engine to finishing and reliability.....does not add up for me, but none the less it will be interesting to compare with the AER unit in the same chassis. I dont expect the fuel consumption to be great.

The gibson 4.5 will need a direct injection conversion to be competitive, so thats new heads and pistons straight away, and a lot of development time, so to get all that ready and reliable for the start of the WEC season is already tight in terms of timing.
Was waiting to hear you chime in on the engine plan with Gibson. And BR's choice of the AERs, great power but seems like they run a LOT hotter than others but with their own chassis specific cooling needs can be designed in from the start. I haven't had a chance to read the DSC article about it and their plans, stupid network times out on DSC every time here at work. But your insight does help those of us without deep engine knowledge and is always looked forward to.