View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3908007)   #21
Lizardfolk
Rookie

Taiwan
Lizardfolk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Rush had quite a bit of artistic licence. Including pre 76 racing footage. A decent film, which conveyed some of the character of the real people. I still haven’t worked out how I feel about it. When the real life was such an amazing story does it have to have poetic licence. But entertaining it was.
I found this on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suPUexnTOcA

Which I'm seeing more inaccuracies now, I remember being very impressed that the Lauda crash recreation was basically 1 to 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Although on the realism I remember a comment from a guy in MI5 on the radio talking the Enigma film. He confirm it got two things absolutely spot on. The main character was called Alan Turing and there was definitely a Second World War.
Enigma was completely fictional though, that comment would be said better for The Imitation Game which was like 80% made up versus what Niki said that Rush was "80% accurate."

Guess we'll see how it pans out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
And in the end, that's what movies are supposed to do. Entertain. Hold my attention for 90 plus, move me a little and maybe make me laugh. Job done.

A film is meant to entertain yes, but I'm less entertained when historical stuff seems to not do their due diligence but every historical or biopic film is different so case by case basis. If you look at the credits you'll see that every historical film has a department of historical consultants so complaining about accuracy in historical film is like complaining about bad make up or special effects or bad costume. If a department slacks I think it's valid to complain about it.

Regardless tho, I'm not going to say the movie sucks just because they crashed the wrong car. That'd be silly. But if they change the '66 result that would probably be a deal breaker for me.

Of course, I'm going to go in trying to enjoy the movie and not have a checklist. But I watch a lot of classic racing, so I'll see how much I notice and how much that'll break my immersion. Hopefully it's faithfully recreated, I always get a kick when I can see stuff fully recreated from historical events, it makes me feel like I'm actually experiencing something real all that much more that I can't really get with completely fictional stories.