View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2006, 04:11 (Ref:1517759)   #3
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore
I'm disgusted.

One of the three best circuits in the world has its second meeting of the year given over to demonstartion runs?

What a waste of a golden opportunity.

By nice mix, isn't that their spin on an acknowledgement that basically means as little racing as possible because we've really only got three categories that are eligible to race on the Mountain anyway...

Really - we had plenty of WPS demonstration laps at Bathurst last year with the 300C leading the V8Supercar around on parade laps.

A historic festival can, and has been held anywhere, from a School Oval to full size circuits, but when a circuit is only allowed to be used twice a year and the second event will see historic cars puttering along at the top of the Mountain (if they are allowed up there) at 50 km/h is... I'm dismayed a racing weekend could not be organised.

Organised properly a historc festival could have been held with out racing, therefore removing the need to take up one of the circuits two precious track closures.

It'll be a great and fun event I'm sure, but figuratively we will be fed chips and coke when it could have been a full roast.

MHO.
Hello Falcadore,

Not sure what the problem is as no one else has put an event together so we
can all enjoy this great circiut more than just once a year. Should we not embrace it and hope it builds into something really great??