View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 2020, 11:27 (Ref:4017844)   #13
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Unfortunately I don't think that the comparison of ICE powered racing with horses and sail boats is the same. Both were replaced because the new form of propulsion was more efficient/more powerful, so they could continue to be used for sport & recreation. ICE are being replaced/phased out because they're dirty/bad for the environment/using up unrenewable resources etc. It think that politically there will be a lot of opposition if they are used (basically) as rich peoples playthings. As a life-long petrol head this makes me very sad, but being in my mid-sixties now, when it does finally stop, hopefully I will have plenty of memories of how it used to be (if my memory still works!).