View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2018, 19:51 (Ref:3836548)   #41
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with you, because my interest in F1 might be rekindled if we returned to the V8s, 10s, 12s and even the Ws. But I believe that I am a realist, and that it ain't going to happen, certainly not in the near future.

As for the manufacturers going to EVs, I think that that is driven more by governmental edicts (from various directions) than by any desire of the manufacturers themselves. However, no government has yet been able to confirm how all the electrical power is to be generated to charge/run all machinery that will dependant on the grid on a sub-zero night in winter when there is insufficient wind to turn the turbine blades within the wind farm!

And before anybody poo-poos that, I live on the top of the Pennines and I see this every year. The wind blows up here almost permanently, but in the dead of winter when the temperature really plummets, so usually does the wind and the turbines are then as useful as a chocolate teapot.
It's not as simple as using turbines to charge all the cars. That's why there's a mix of offshore wind (North sea doesn't have many windless days, and has a lot more area to put them!), onshore wind, solar, tidal and storage (battery and mass).