Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2018, 03:29 (Ref:3800149)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
I think IMSA is more professional than that. However the ACO/WEC’s Alonso love could undermine the combined event. Sebring is the third Saturday in March. Suppose the F1 schedule also starts that same weekend but Alonso still also want to race in the WEC. Does the WEC then demand that IMSA change the date for Sebring?

Based upon recent events, the answer is almost certainly yes. The answer from IMSA should be to tell the WEC to pound stand — Sebring is a very traditional race held on at a very specific time each year. The WEC then jumps ships, holding an event someplace else at a date that can accommodate Alonso's schedule and blames IMSA in general and Sebring in particular for “forcing” them to move their portion of the event.
That I feel is entirely possible and in fact probable knowing the FIA. And they will find out, just like the FIA not having free reign over US based series, no one in the US gives a rip about their demands. I expect this will end the international prototypes if F1 does schedule on the same weekend as Sebring 2019.