Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3800316)   #128
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
As Akrapovic said, let the ACO screw themselves or to bend over backwards for once next time something like this happens. I doubt that IMSA really gives a damn if the ACO decide to back out of Sebring in much the same way that the ACO probably don't give a damn about the PLM/Fuji date clash.

The current ACO administration, who I've had a beef with since they came in after 2008, have made some wise moves recently, especially with LMP1, but we've still yet to see if the BOP is right there or not.

And yes, I believe that the ACO and IMSA should be on the same page basically as when Don Panoz ran the show, but that's a case there I'd argue of Panoz tiring of giving a crap about IMSA and the ACO after his team won GT2 at LM in '06, as Panoz achieved what he wanted to achieve all along.

Of course, this is what sometimes bores and tires me about motorsports and sports in general. I go to them to try and escape from politicking and the BS of the real world, but that same crap finds it own way in to ruin that, too.

But I also agree with Akrapovic. At this stage, IMSA telling the ACO/WEC to buzz off from Sebring is an equally stupid answer to a stupid problem the ACO and the FIA created.