Thread: Team McLaren's strategy
View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2765475)   #10
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
With the benefit of hindsight you lot are all experts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

I was hollering at my TV that the Maccas should pit even before Brundle was suggesting McLaren same. And I profess to no wisdom in such matters, if only because I dont have all of the info available.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Button and Hamilton never had the gap to allow them to come out in front of Webber. Correct me if I'm wrong, but apart from pitting one of them at the same time as Webber, there was nothing they could have done with their stratagy to finish any higher.
Possibly. Martin Whitmarsh said likewise, but Hamilton would never had built an advantage over Webber when he was losing so much time. Why stay out? Unless they wanted to keep that final set on track for less time.

Last edited by Born Racer; 27 Sep 2010 at 13:00.