View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 2017, 08:21 (Ref:3750098)   #7
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More questions from an uneducated..

OK following on from those excellent questions and answers I have a couple more - stemming from a real race that Nina did. In 2014 she competed in the BWRDC Ladies race at Silverstone. It had an eclectic mix of cars. Nina's MR2 was one of the slower ones. It was a handicapped race where some slower cars had credit laps, and some faster cars had debits. Now Nina started with a credit of 0, but the Lambo for instance, had a debit of 6. In this scenario the Lambo had to lap Nina 6 times to get ahead of her.

My questions are thus:

As the Lambo comes up to Nina would you show a blue - bearing in mind that though this is lapping, it is also effectively for position?

Further, there is the "blocking rule". If you are fighting for position, then the defending car is allowed one move, but if you are being lapped, you should not block at all, just stay on racing line. Therefore as a Post Chief, if Nina makes one move as the Lambo laps her, would you report that for blocking, or not, since she is actually very much defending her position?

I know what Nina's view of the blues are in this scenario are as a driver. I also know what she made of the blocking rule - and how she dealt with it. It will be interesting to see if views coincide!

BTW - It rained - great leveller, she did good coming 9th out of 29, and being in 3rd or 4th for 3/4 of the race. She beat the Lambo by 18 places, lapped (real lapping) an ARDS instructor in "technically faster" car, and got Driver of the Day - so proud.

[IMG]10462730_673426129423008_229981480673419953_n by Tony Apsion, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by Terrible-Tones; 10 Jul 2017 at 08:51. Reason: Nothing comes between a man and his right to edit!