Thread: 2020 Rallying
View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2020, 09:28 (Ref:3957950)   #40
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Tragic weather for the Swedish round but what can one do? I'm glad they still decided to run it, despite being markably chopped off. Hopefully this won't be an issue next year.
Yeah, glad they managed to salvage something from it: was definitely a mixed bag of conditions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Great drive by Evans, he is a championship contender for sure now. Rovanperä with a maybe even more impressive drive for his young age, especially on the very tricky powerstage with mud, gravel and ice. I think Neuville got severely hampered going first on friday and didn't seem to really find the rythm afterwards.
I am still hesitant to call Evans a title contender this early: though it is impossible to deny that his performance wasn't superb this weekend. And Kalle was incredible on the power stage. As you say Neuville seemed slow to get going and, by the time he was up to speed, the rally was over!

Solid drive from Tanak, a good result for him after the Monte smash. I see a few comments stating that Ogier is struggling in the Yaris but, given his past performance(s), I wonder if he is just playing the long game and accruing points?