View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2021, 01:07 (Ref:4065407)   #63
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It does seem like this makes no difference. This is a reduction of 8% in energy allocation, but the Alpine stint length was more than 8% shorter than the Toyota and Glickenhaus in all the races (approx 12% in Spa, 16% in Portimao and 10% in Monza). So no impact to the number of laps they can do in Le Mans. I've assumed that if they could have used their previous full allocation then they would do a similar stint length.

So still looking like 1 lap less a stint at Le Mans. ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Seriously though, I'm under impression we're seeing half the story here (so far). One logical explanation could be: ACO/FIA calculated that under Monza BoP at Le Mans the R13 is expected to have a pace advantage. So instead of adding weight or cutting power, ACO/FIA chose to cut the Mj allowance, since it's the penalty they'll suffer anyway. So that should put Alpine truly on the same race pace as others. And I'm sure this is preliminary, pending the data gathered at the test.
I get this, but why even bother if it makes no difference.

Perhaps just something to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Yeah. Aston is about to wheel out the AMR-One through the back door. Hence all the precautions!