View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2020, 06:26 (Ref:3949611)   #43
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not so simple living in Aus and on a British passport. Used to be able to go to the British Consul in Melbourne with form and fee and it would come by courier from Canberra in a few days.

Went to renew mine last year about a month before I travelled to discover now passports are now all done in the UK (online is ok with digital photo) but it now takes a minimum 6 weeks. Rang the UK passport office to see if I could get a rapid job done for a fee, but told no.... and to go to the British Consul in Melbourne for an Emergency Travel Document (ETD). Had to do a video interview via iPad with the UK consul in Singapore showing other ID, Drivers license etc which was no problem and got my ETD after lunch same day. They sent me a text saying when ready. Only problem is that it is for one trip only and all flights must be pre-booked with no change of itinerary allowed.

The ETD looks like a normal passport but is yellow with the no change restrictions listed. A yellow British passport confused Spanish immigration no end and a bit of a delay ensued till they let me through. Returning to Aus was ok as I linked the new ETD to my Resident Return Visa online before leaving.

Have now applied for a 10 year one but still in the application process waiting for it to arrive.