View Single Post
Old 19 May 2020, 13:42 (Ref:3977151)   #501
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
I million K in 5 years odd .
That is over 300 miles every single day .
And 10 or 12 full charges every week which could only be done with high rate chargers .
And the 150,000 miles battery guarantee only covers if you do not do too many supercharger charges .
So how many sets of batteries has it had . £50,000 or £100,000 worth .

Or is the whole story just more of Autocars bovine scatology to try to promote EVs .
I know you appreciate a myth-busting version of a story.

Tesla Model S busts EV myths with historic 1 million kilometres driven
It has not been all smooth driving, however. Built in 2013, the Model S is now onto its second battery and fourth motor.

It has been the fourth motor that has held up to the pressure of what at times has been 1,000 kilometre drives for days at a time, covering 680,000km – more than two-thirds of the total 1 million kilometres.

It’s second battery – for which Gemmingen says in a Youtube video prior to the historic moment (shared below) he had to wait six months, driving with a loan battery until Tesla could replace it with a replacement battery – has covered half of the distance at 500,000km, Gemmingen says.

Tesla Model S reaches 1 million km milestone in historic 5-year-run
The Tesla Model S P85 driven by Gemmingen has experienced its own fair share of challenges on its way towards the 1 million km milestone. Over the course of five years, the vehicle had required a battery change at 470,000 km. Three electric motors were worn out over the journey as well. Fortunately, Gemmingen noted that most of these issues were covered by the Model S’ warranty, and thus, maintenance costs of the vehicle were still very little.