View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2016, 11:50 (Ref:3683811)   #18
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Mallory? There were problems with noise and the old management were not entirely without blame. Suffice it to say there is now a new management who seem to be getting the circuit moving forward again. I thought the rallycross track looked quite neglected when I visited earlier this year but its probably not too serious and you would have to regrade it anyway. There were some complaints about the track but I think some drivers have got used to racing on billiard tables. Take a look at some rallycross videos from the 1970s...

I just haven't heard any local rumours about a rallycross return so I assumed the circuit hadn't been approached?
I don't think many people complained about Mallory the last couple of times we were there, they had sorted the track problems out by then, and to be fair nobody was complaining about the roughness of the track. It was the fact that the stuff they used to make the loose had not been graded for size and content of the material used, there were half bricks coming up to the surface!!
Also the transitions from loose to tarmac were far too severe, there was no graduation at all, it was a totally square edge, and as the loose dug out it was like hitting a big kerbstone flatout. But fairplay to the track management, got it all got sorted out.
It would be great to see Mallory back on the calendar, it was central and easy for everyone to get to. The problem is who would run the meetings as it is not a BARC circuit? Would any of the clubs currently involved in rallycross want to do it (LHMC, MDA, DDMC), or would a local motorclub like to get involved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Will they adjust weight limits to ensure those 3 classes are fair? That would be a good idea...
Looking at the times from Croft the BMW Minis and Hot Hatches are doing very similar times, and so are the Swifts.
The Super 1600 times are more like Supernational