View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3808639)   #30
Sarge
Rookie

England
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Sarge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was watching from the Stowe building close to the jump, from which we could see the whole track and were approx 20 metres from the action. Which is closer than I had feared. There were places that you could get closer, particularly along the start finish straight but the view of some parts of the track was compromised from there.

The track grew on me throughout the day and the joker merge created some close finishes. But it can't touch Lydden or the other old school tracks on the World RX calendar (and some of the new ones to be honest) and IMO there's too much loose / mud which limits the excitement in wet conditions, as it was for the early heats today.

For the World round I would imagine the Stowe building we were based in will be used as some kind of 'Media Centre' etc and I'm struggling to imagine the existing grandstands and spectator infrastructure dealing with the crowd numbers Silverstone will be hoping for. The whole arena felt very underwhelming when you think it's supppsed to be hosting "Speedmachine" in a couple of months.

And don't get me started on the costs of food and drink!.....