View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2004, 20:38 (Ref:828733)   #10
PoloG4tracer
Rookie

PoloG4tracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im Paul from Derbyshire and also Norfolk. im an Avionic Technician in th RAF, I work on an aircraft front line Tornado GR4 Squadron. Im going to get my competition licence this year.

Ive a 1992 VW Corrado G60 as my daily driver but it is currently running without the G60 supercharger due to it blowing up soon after I bought the car - I wasn't too happy since the charger didn't show any signs of pending doom.(

Im currently building and is now very nearly completed a 1991 VW Polo G40 for use on track days and possible racing in 2005 depending on what engine is allowed. Its based on a VW Polo G40 Super Coupe Cup race car, and has all the race car's chassis and handling mods but with a slightly modified engine.

Spec: 1272cc rebored to 1308cc, lightened, balanced, forged pistons, flywheel etc. Race ported head with solid lifters revving to 8000rpm. Fully ported, flowed and polished G40 supercharger, aquamist 1s. Good for over 200bhp )

Full rollcage, sparco seat, 6point harness, fully stripped out interior with usual race car safety features. Weighs 730kg dry.
G40 Race Cup Car suspension.
Audi 256mm front brakes, standard golf 16v discs with ferodo DS3000 Pads, tilton Lever Type Adjustable Brake Bias Regulator.
Thinking about sticking 229mm rear discs on it.
14" compomotive MO's
And I need a Ricardo LSD for my gearbox!

Ive done a few track days in my old Polo G40 but that was in 1999-2000 and at Castle Combe only. So I havent been doing it in a few years, Im very keen to get out this year as much as possible on the track although I consider my myself a total track novice.

"Cos they're good, and come from an era where hitting ctrl+alt+delete doesn't get them back on track"