View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3946579)   #2105
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Gary, you must get out more, you see in 2016 there was a referendum on whether the UK should stay or leave the European Union, (do you know what that is?), the country voted to 'Leave;, a process which became known as 'Brexit' (Britain exiting the EU, get it?). The Conservative Prime Minister of the day a bloke called Cameron, resigned and a certain lady named Teresa May got the job. She called a General Election, this was expected to be a walkover but a couple of terrorist incidents swung the focus of the campaign away from Brexit and on to more domestic matters. This worked out well for the Labour Party, now being lead by a Trotskie named Corbyn, who made a lot of ground from the incidents. Mrs May then proceeded to make a right bog of leaving the EU and was eventually slung out of no.10 and a cheery chap called Boris Johnson took over. He tried to get the UK out of the EU, but as nobody else wanted to leave, he was forced to call another election, and yesterday he won a majority for the Tory Party. In consequence of his overwhelming victory a number of existing MPs lost their seats, and are now regarded as 'Endangered Species'. Hence my comment re- 'Endangered Species' in my earlier post.

I hope this brings you up to speed on the current political situation in this country, however, I am sure that many of more learned members of our Historic Community will be able to fill in the gaps, correct any errors, and put us both right.

As always it has been my pleasure to help you to get a grip on real life,

Kindest possible regards,

Your faithful friend,

Bauble.
Thanks Bob. Blimey, I missed all that palaver. You think they'd cover it on the telly wouldn't you! How's a chap expected to keep in the know if it's never on the news?