View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2020, 16:32 (Ref:3953152)   #279
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint Owen View Post
It was me who asked about this a while ago, thanks for that. If anyone has more info can they post it here (dates etc)

It is an interesting squeeze in the marketplace. MotorRacingLegends sent out a flyer this week saying drivers will need to be members of their new "club" to enter - at £350 each. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. More dilution I suspect.

Their eligibility is interesting. You can run a Cooper Monaco or a Lotus 15, but not a 3.8 Ctype/D-type or any Allard. They are also excluding the big engined american cars like Kellisons which cant get FIA papers so are looking for somewhere to race. There are a few in the UK and they arent really that competitive if running to period spec
I am still on the Legends Mailing List but - preferring single seaters - am not really a MRL client anymore. I did wonder about the 350 pound fee and am quite happy that this is none of my concern.

As Geraint says, that will be interesting to watch as it unfolds.
Do MRL offer day memberships ?

Rudolf