Thread: New SRO GT2
View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2018, 19:28 (Ref:3843871)   #65
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Disappointed by lamborghini, a racing aventador would fit better for gt2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Not too sure about that. If we assume that the Porsche 991 GT2 is the flagship car for the class (name checks out, and there was that test mule at Monza), then the other cars should be from a similar slot in the market as the Porker.

And while the Porsche is an impressive and plenty fast car, it's really still "only" a 911. For me, a 911 - even in GT2 form - is not in the same league as an Aventador, which sits more or less in the middle ground between the 911 and the 918, that Porsche has left empty so far (rumors about the new 960 notwithstanding).
I'm disappointed too, I do not know if a 911 GT2 RS is closer to a Huracan or an Aventador. But where does the Aston Martin Vulcan fit then? This is much more expensive than the Aventador or the 812 and it is a track only version.
I have the feeling that this category has a similar philisophy to the original GT3 and this time without the FIA ​​behind in order to admit these Track only cars. Maybe the Brabham BT62, the Glickenhaus SCG003, the Renault RS01 or the Ligier JSP4 can be part of the series as well.
Also, I imagine that Mercedes and Audi will join Porsche, McLaren, Aston Martin, Lamborghini and Ferrari, announcing a GT2 kit for their AMG GT4 and R8 GT4.