View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2007, 20:18 (Ref:1829652)   #2
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i firmly believe it is zytek who own the rights to the zytek chassis now, i believe IRM and zytek built another two cars in co-operation(the two cars of course were split, one to team jota and one to creation autosportif).

although there is sometimes a bit of confusion with the zytek 04S name being used, for the zytek motorsport 2004, 2005 cars, and, the team jota 2004 and 2005 car.

while the creation autosportif car, was reffered to as a DBA(den bla avis?) 03S zytek in 2004, while in 2005 the car was referred to as DBA 03S judd, due in part to the installation of the new judd XV 3.4 V8 engine.

i think over the past 2 years zytek motorsport's funding came from essex invest, lego star wars and maybe bizzare studio's(last two in part maybe due to tom chilton racing for a good chunk of the 2005 season with zytek).

while creation autosportif received a good chunk of their funding in 2005, i think from laser handtools and stonemartin?, correct me if i am wrong.

while team jota had the same sponsors in 2004 and 2005, i think they are qinetic and viola?, anywhos the team jota operation very sadly went down after 2005 but, im hoping they return for 2007, afterall they may have bought the zytek 07S in LMP1.

but who knows it could just be a blindingly good red herring!

as for sponsorship, well its not very easy to get sponsorship, i tried to get some sponsorship so i could race in the saxmax championship in 2007 so i could make my first steps in the world of motorsport, but i couldnt get close to covering the costs even if i could get the sponsorship.

sponsorship in other words is bloody hard to get to say the least, big sponsors like pescarolo have like sony, playstation and gran turismo 4, and matmut are big sponsors apart from matmut, and they are very hard to get.

usually big sponsors in sportscars go to the BIG teams, audi, peugeot and pescarolo.
in other words sponsor wise zytek and creation are, compared to pescarolo and audi underdogs in the world of sponsorship, but definetely not on the racetrack!