View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2018, 07:34 (Ref:3838826)   #1
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodbye and good riddance fuel drop

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/07/26...at-supernight/

The night race just got a whole lot more interesting for me, as it will be run without any fuel drop rules. I've had a big problem with the concept of the fuel drop since inception as I feel it takes the racing off the racetrack in a big way. If you're 2 seconds behind a car but your next stop will be 3 seconds quicker, what do you do? You wait for the stop, thanks fuel drop.

I'm a bit surprised that this doesn't really come up in discussion, but I was glad to see it mentioned after the last round at QR with drivers waving others past mid race. I saw comments from Coulthard, SVG and even John Bowe amongst others describing the way that the racing has changed thanks to the fuel rule.

I'll be very curious to see how the racing turns out without the fuel drop and if it makes a difference in the end. I believe that it will, but could of course be wrong. However, the racing at Bathurst has shown this pretty well IMO.

With how tough passing is in these cars and how close they are, long races are the way to go and without anything to take the action away from the track.