View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3900755)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'm not sure if they care whether there are people there to watch it trackside - the country are paying to presumably make people aware of Baku and Azerbaijan. I have to say from what I've seen it looks like an incredible place to visit - job done?
actually think they just signed an extension so they must be doing well. certainly they have presented their city in a favorable way so on that front it is a success.

this is more coming from a personal bias, but if the crowd isnt there for a live sporting event then i tend to find myself wondering why i should bother watching it on TV.

the roar of the crowd and all that.

thinking about that though maybe its a bit of an outmoded way of thinking. size of the global internet audience, how many people can you connect with via social media, is the viewing experience integrated into my cell phone.

i have to admit that i do enjoy following along with twitter to see live comments, reactions to incidents etc. it does add to the experience maybe even more so then hearing the roar of the crowd!