View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2018, 12:58 (Ref:3837114)   #173
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some more developments on the Aston Martin issue:

* HWA may provide the chassis to Aston Martin, for which Toto Wolff has given his blessing for
* HWA may also provide the engine, if Red Bull-Aston doesn't go for Honda. The engine itself is a project independent from Mercedes or their factory in Brixworth
* R-Motorsport is supposed to run the entry. Not only is Christian Horner involved with this one, they also hired some former DTM personell, like Wolfgang Schattling, Mercedes' former head of communications for DTM
* Two drivers are favorites for seats: Maxime Martin and Nicki Thiim. The former has plenty of DTM experience, the latter seems very willing to compete there. Not to mention that the name Thiim holds some legacy in DTM
* You may ask why Red Bull withdrew from DTM, only to return again? Well, Gerhard Berger has good relations to both Helmut Marko and Dietrich Matteschitz.

If I may add some pieces of speculation: It wouldn't make me wonder if Red Bull-Aston ends up running at least four cars. Because I'd imagine that Dr. Marko may park some hot prospects from the Red Bull academy in DTM.